A wealth of specialized knowledge for flexible translation services
Since its establishment, Top Studio has developed together with the ever-advancing computer industry and produces books, magazines, websites, software, and brochures. We pride ourselves on being your one-stop solution – from planning to realization, from creating the drafts to delivering the finished products. We not only help our clients achieve their needs, but we also get involved.
Our translation department handles technical documents, marketing and business materials, and software localization. It also offers technical checking services.
The Key to Top Studio’s Quality
1. Publishing Expertise
Top Studio uses its solid foundation and specialized knowledge in publishing to carefully produce easy-to-read Japanese to suit the target readership, purpose and type of document.
2. IT Knowledge
To date, we have worked on more than 12 hundred publications, and currently handle 10 publications on a monthly basis. Top Studio’s accumulated knowledge is our biggest asset, and we continuously gather the latest industry news to ensure our clients have the freshest information.
3. Reliable Staff
We have continuously worked with over half our translation contractors for between 10 and 15 years. All are highly capable and responsible wordsmiths, who take pride in their work. Over the years, we have developed a strong relationship built on teamwork and mutual trust. Together, we guarantee top quality.
View Larger Map
Company Name: Top Studio Co., Ltd.
Address: AXIS Gotanda-Building #502, 8-7-11 Nishi-Gotanda, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0031 Japan
C.E.O.: Gou Shimizu
Staff: 28 full-time employees
- Planning, translation, writing, editing, editorial supervision and DTP of IT, business and practical magazines and printed matter
- Binding and printing design of IT, business and practical magazines, leaflets, and other printed matter
- Localization and translation of software and help files (We provide translation services in 32 languages, but we mainly focus on the English–Japanese and Japanese–English combinations.)
- Planning, writing, editing, design, and DTP of pamphlets, brochures and other materials
- Design and production of digital contents (CD-ROMs, electronics books, etc.)
- System consultation and network construction consultation
- Planning, translation, writing, editing, and design of manuals
- General Worker Dispatching Service (Permit No: General 13-301399)
- Fee-Charging Employment Placement Business (Permit No: 13-Yu-305051)
We translate IT-related technical documents, marketing materials, and business materials. We also provide UI- and document-localization, and technical-checking services.
Computers, networks, communication, semiconductors, manufacturing, automobiles, medicine, biotechnology, finance, fashion, law, patents, contracts, and more.
Magazines and printed matter; business documents in various formats, such as Word or PowerPoint; promotional materials, such as advertisements; product packaging; corporate pamphlets; web articles; web sites; manuals; software UI; and video narration scripts.
Lecture transcription and translation process consultation.
We handle languages from all continents: Japanese, English, German, French, Spanish and 27 other languages.
Translation tools: memoQ, Across, Idiom Workbench, Passolo, SDL Trados (Version 2007, 2009, 2011), SDLX (Version 2007), and others.
DTP tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, FrameMaker, and others.
Translators: In-house 6/ Freelance 33
Reviewers: In-house 8/ Freelance 6
Project Managers: In-house 5
DTP Specialists: In-house 8/ Freelance 25
** Each member of staff handles multiple tasks, e.g. an in-house translator not only translates but also edits, proof-reads, reviews, and sometimes even works as a project manager.
Average daily capacity: 20,000 words
Maximum daily capacity: 40,000 words
Monthly average capacity: 50,0000 words
Top Studio Participates in ePublishing Project Release of eBooks in ePub Format Begins January 2012
Top Studio Co., Ltd.
Top Studio Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as ”Top Studio”) announced on January 12, 2012, that it would collaborate with O’Reilly Japan, Inc. (hereafter referred to as ”O’Reilly Japan”) to publish ebook-only titles on the O’Reilly Japan Ebook Store.
O’Reilly Japan opened the O’Reilly Japan Ebook Store in December 2008. Of the titles they publish and sell through their ebook store, around half – 180 titles – are sold DRM-free. In January, 2012, O’Reilly Japan will add ePub-format, ebook-exclusive titles to their current line-up with the release of three titles. Thereafter, they plan to release several titles, each month.
This project uses ReVIEW developed by Top Studio’s Kenshi Muto and his team. ReVIEW is an open source document management tool that is swift and flexible in handling the entire process from writing and translating books through publishing.
Top Studio aims to continue its publication activities in various forms after the release of the new titles with plans to publish the following titles:
- Flex 4.5 ni yoru Android apurikeshon kaihatsu (Developing Android Applications with Flex 4.5)
- Scaling MongoDB
- Maneja no tame no kasoka gaido (Virtualizations: A Manager’s Guide)
- HTML5 Canvas Desktop Reference (Canvas Pocket Reference) (tentative)
- IPv6 Application apurikeshon tekio gaido (Migrating Applications to IPv6) (tentative)
- HTML5 Geolocation (tentative)
Reference Web Sites
O’Reilly Japan, Inc.